Southmedic Medical Manufacturing conducts its business according to its social accountability policy.Southmedic will:
- Develop and sustain a workplace culture where diversity is valued and leveraged. All employees are to be treated with dignity and respect, considered optimal contributors to business objectives, and have equal access to opportunity.
- Create an environment where employees know and understand the existing standards of ethical conduct and abide by those standards.
- Ensure that the overall terms of employment are voluntary.
- Comply with all federal and provincial labour laws.
- Ensure that we will not employ child labour regardless of the country in which we are doing business.
- Compensate our workers with wages and benefits that meet or exceed the legally required minimum.
- Prohibit discrimination based on race, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability or political affiliation.
- Prohibit abuse, harassment or any related threat of any kind.
- Provide a mechanism for employees to confidentially and/or anonymously communicate breaches in the Behavioural Code of Conduct without fear of retribution or retaliation.