Southmedic is dedicated to environmental improvement and sustainability, and exercises this commitment through our Environmental Affairs Policy.
Southmedic pledges to:
- Act promptly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger employee health, safety, or the environment.
- Develop, manufacture, and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Conserve natural resources whenever possible by reusing and recycling materials where possible, purchasing recycled materials where possible, and using recyclable packaging and other materials where possible.
- Promote the efficient use of materials and resources company-wide, particularly those that are non-renewable. These resources include, but are not limited to, water, electricity, and raw materials.
- the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, and take all reasonable steps to protect employee health, and the environment, when these materials are used and disposed of.
- Use development and manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect our environment.
- Protect our environment by using pollution control techniques.
- Perform our business functions to meet or exceed all applicable legal environmental requirements.
- Require our suppliers to conduct their operations in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
- Encourage employees to report any condition that may pose an environmental, health, or safety hazard, and provide confidential means to do so.
- Create a framework for setting and annually reviewing environmental goals, and maintain a commitment towards continuous improvement based on current and planned future activities.
- Identify personel responsible for implementing and updating the Environmental Affairs Policy.